IMO STATE GOVERNOR, UZODIMMA REINSTATES 15 TRADITIONAL RULERS SACKED BY THE PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATION.
08 April 2021
The Executive Governor of Imo State, His Excellency, Senator Hope Uzodimma has reinstated 15 traditional rulers that were sacked by the previous administration.
While speaking during the reinstating of the 15 traditional rulers, Uzodimma stated that no government has any right to sack any traditional ruler appointed or elected by his own people. According to him,
“The duty of the Government is to approve traditional leaderships appointed by the people and has no power to disapprove or sack legitimate traditional rulers “.
The Governor who frowned at the injustice apologized to the newly reinstated traditional rulers and their unduly denied communities on behalf of the previous administration. He further disclosed that investigations as the reasons for their sack was conducted and no evidence of litigation or criminality against them was found.
He also promised to payroll them stating that a worker deserves his pay and added that “we are not going to be party to anything that will stop you from been paid”.
The newly instated Traditional Rulers are:
1. HRH Eze Jude Ukanyirioha
of Ekwereocha, Ihitte Uboma
2. HRH Eze Ali Desmond of
3. HRH Eze Oliver C. Ochomma of
Elugwu Okabia, Orsu
4. HRH Eze Peter C. Opara of
Umunumo, Ehime Mbano
5. HRH Eze Dominic Chukwudi Nnamdi of Umuaru 11, Isiala Mbano
6. HRH Eze Nwokorogu Emeka Rex of Amuro, Okigwe
7. HRH Eze Enyinnaya Micheal Ndoh of Ezeachi, Orlu
8. HRH Eze Wilford Mbagwu of Abueke, Ihitte Uboma
9. HRH Eze Sir Obi Ejeshi of Emekuku, Owerri North.
10. HRH Eze Victor O. Amadi of Okirika Nweke, Ahiazu Mbaise
11. HRH Eze Ekwomadu Kenneth of Isiama, Orsu
12. HRH Eze Chukwunyenye Chikodi Neol of Awo Ohii Dim atta, Ikeduru
13. HRH Eze Engr. F Onwubiko of Amuzu, Aboh Mbaise
14. HRH Eze Barr. V. Ijeoma of Isiozi Akah, Njaba
15. HRH Eze Sir Christopher Anele of Ntu, Ngor Okpala.