Below is the disclaimer in full:
28 January, 2022
SUG Presidents / Senators
LETTER OF DISCLAIMER ON PURPORTED NAPS CONGRESS
The attention of the Leadership of National Association of Polytechnic Students (NAPS) has been drawn to some videos and pictures all over social media of a kangaroo congress claimed to have held today in Abuja under the supervision of some ex-executives of NAPS where the hands of some few persons was raised claiming to be new NAPS Executives.
2. Recall that the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF POLYTECHNIC STUDENTS (NAPS) had her National Unity Convention between 3rd – 5th December, 2021 in Abuja at the education resource center, under the supervision of the Students Desk of Department of State Security, National Headquarter, NANS National Leadership and other relevant students stakeholders, including the persons that led the Facebook Kangaroo congress.
3. It is now abysmal to see some enemies of the organization trying to undermine the efforts of all the security agencies and Stakeholders who ensured we had a Unity Convention last December simply for their personal and selfish gains.
4. Since last regime was dissolved at the convention of December before elections were conducted, they have no right or backing whatsoever to convene any students gathering. Rather such powers lies with the current executives. This is a clear evidence that the purported congress is motivated by mischievous and rebellious intentions to destabilize our national peace.
5. Note: The senate president-elect has issued an Invitation for a SENATE MEETING/ BYE ELECTIONS which is scheduled to hold between 10th – 12th of February, 2022 for the offices yet to be filled at the December convention.
6. In view of the above, dear distinguished Senators, Leaders, Stakeholders and Greatest Nigerian Students, you are hereby requested to disregard and have no dealings whatsoever with the activities of these enemies of our dear organization while we allow necessary security agencies do the needful.
7. Please bring this to the no attention of your relevant Stakeholders in your respective institutions.
8. Accept the assurances of our best regards.
National President of National Association of Polytechnic Students .
Comr.Rtr. Asiegbu Kingsley Chinonso