THE MENACE OF UNKNOWN GUNMEN IN ANAMBRA STATE AND WHAT MR. GOVERNOR SHOULD DO
V.A Nnebedum Esq,
(An Advocate of good governance)
08 April 2022
It is highly disheartening and appalling, the level of sabotage Mr. Governor is already facing in office barely few days of ascending the position of the Chief executive officer of the state. Sometime last month, I wrote an open letter to the Governor on this platform some hours after his inauguration. In the said letter, I predicted exactly what is already happening now, and to that effect, I have few points to make.
1. The mystery of the Unknown GUNMEN is what should have been demystified by critical thinkers by now. It can be the ones that are already being suspected, ( IPOB) the opposition party, a Judas in the current Administration e.t.c.
2. The level of insecurity, loss of lives and property that is being recorded in Anambra State might escalate if adequate care is not taken henceforth (God forbid).
3. In the history of Anambra, the election that brought Prof Charles Chukwuma Soludo to power was known to be the most peaceful, but the incidents that transpired before the said election were highly dreaded incidents.
4. It is possible that these mischief makers were hired to distract Mr. Governor from his good intentions he has for ndi Anambra.
5. It is very heart breaking that even the mischief makers don’t understand that Anambra State in the next eight years will be a better place for everyone residing in it’s environs.
WHAT MR GOVERNOR SHOULD DO.
In a book titled the making of a true leader, it has in it a quote that states ” when you are new to a position of authority, respect the old ways of doing things and if there is need for you to make any changes ,let it be a slight one”
To the effect of the above quoted statement, I humbly suggest that the Governor should relax about anything concerning mondays sit at home in Anambra at least for the mean time. Let the sit at home continue while he embarks on a journey of tracking these mischief markers, and let’s watchout what the outcome will be for some months in future, to check if there is going to be any news of arsonists attacking government property.
Secondly, The Governor from my intel was partly brought up in Onitsha, this is time to get to the people who will open up and give clues of knowing these syndicates (agberos) even if it warrants the whistleblowers who shall remain anonymous, getting incentives from the government.
Lastly, you speak the language of a particular group of people when you want to relate with them, the Governor in my humble opinion should have a meeting and strategically plan a more organized way to package Agbero in Anambra State. Then when all these are sequentially implemented, and the menace of the unknown GUNMEN continues, we shall have no other option than to say that the Unknown GUNMEN is just the Opposition!